Unable To Resolve Host Name

What does it mean when SmartFTP says "Unable to resolve host name" and how do I correct the problem? I think I might've messed something up with the configurations and no matter what I do I can't get it to work. I've even tried uninstalling, deleting all the left over files and then reinstalling. It didn't help.

It can be because:

You have writed a incorrect address.
Your dns server don't resolves the ip of the server.
Your Firewall blocks dns requests.
The dns is no more on.

You have writed a incorrect address.
The address is correct
Your dns server don't resolves the ip of the server.
What does this mean?
Your Firewall blocks dns requests.
My firewall isn't even on.
The dns is no more on.
The how do I turn it on.

So... how do I fix the problem. I need to know what to do so I can connect to my server again.

Okay, maybe I should be more specific. There is a tech problem but I am not dumb to the basics. I know the domain is still up and I'm know I'm using the correct username and password and I know it should be set at port 21. IT IS A CONFIGURATION/CONNECTION PROBLEM. It is not a basic problem. It is a problem which lies in the SETTINGS. Now that you know I'm not stupid and will not tend to make these common mistakes, perhaps you can help me now.

Ok, try this, uninstall SmartFTP, use SmartFTP Backup Tool to clear all the files/registry keys from SmartFTP and install again to see if it fixes your trouble.

Okay, I'll try that and get back to you.

No. It didn't work. Having the same problem. Thats what I get for trusting a frack'n Cylon. LOL!

Ok, can you try to connect with ftp.exe? or with internet explorer if it works?

Norton Internet Security put up a firewall without my permission. I turned it off and it's working now. Thanks for trying. Peace out!