Transfer between machines

I want be able to have an automated transfer of SmartFTP data between machines on my home network. I have set the application data folder to one outside of documents and settings for this purpose (the two machines have different names for the administrators).

Does this work? That is, will account names, passwords and so forth be located in that new folder? I see some things are thee but I'm not sure if what i need is there (as opposed to what is left in docs and settings or in program files).

I may switch from CuteFTP because that program won't allow it.

Dick

I want be able to have an automated transfer of SmartFTP data between machines on my home network.  I have set the application data folder to one outside of documents and settings for this purpose (the two machines have different names for the administrators).

You don't need an FTP program to for internal LAN files. Why not share the drive or folder?

Create a batch with copy command and use Windows scheduler.

IF you need more info on how to do this, let me know.

BTW... I just stopped using CuteFTP.

I guess I didn't explain clearly what I have in mind. I use my laptop computer on trips, and (of course) my desktop machine at home. When I switch machines I run a batch job which zips up all the new data (since the last switch) and then transfer that to the other machine. Then I unzip it and things are fine on that machine. (I used to do LAN transfers with a batch job but I think the zip method is easier and faster.)

This works because the zip file contains full paths, and when being unzipped puts the data were it belongs.

BUT with material in Documents and Settings I can't do that, because the material in one case is in a folder called "Owner" and on the other machine is under "Richard Cleaveland". For this reason I have put all the data I can in special folders directly under C:. But CuteFTP won't let me relocate the sm.dat file, which contains the settings for the 14 or so FTP sites I visit regularly.

So what I want to know is whether the SmartFTP data that corresponds to CuteFTP's sm.dat file can be relocated outside documents and settings. I see I can relocate the applications data folder; is this where this material is held?

Now since there's a CuteFTP deserter in the ranks here, I have another question - and I apologize for not having yet read the entire help system. Once I set up an FTP site definition, can that include the place on my hard drive that comprises an image of the site? The "local folder" in CuteFTP is what I mean. It wasn't obvious to me as I started monkeying around with SmartFTP.

Thanks for your consideration.

You got me... 8O
Perhaps another person reading the post can help.
:cry:

Hello ..

You can change the application data folder in the menu: Tools->Settings->General dialog.

Its the favorites folder and the application data folder.

Regards,
-Mat

"Its the favorites folder...."
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.