An established connection was aborted by the software in ...

An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
What does this mean?
It has happend to me a couple of times when trying to download a folder from my site.

The Smart FTP fix did not work for me. I've tried disabling my firewall (which gives me a different error) as well, but I'm still not able to make a connection...any other ideas?

*edit*

Hi,

Which firewall do you use? You speak about a different error while your firewall is disabled. Can you put the log here please?

Do you have the same problem with other host (try [url="ftp://ftp.netscape.com)"]ftp://ftp.netscape.com)[/url]? Did you try another FTP client?

Regards,

Olivier

EDIT
The host "www.miss-janet.com" doesn't referre to a FTP server. So if you have the following message when you disabled your firewall, the problem is only your firewall :
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

@wondrw0mn: You should never use "www" URLs for FTP, those are for HTTP. So use "miss-janet.com" or "ftp.miss-janet.com" instead. In your case, however, both "miss-janet.com" and "www.miss-janet.com" work for me, I get connected to a ProFTPD server.

As it turns out, I checked with the provider and there was an issue on their end.
All is well... thank you.