Uploading help with v. 1.5

I am very new at this and am having trouble uploading files to my site. I cannot find any tutorials for v. 1.5 so I'm a little confused. How do you upload your files and where do you upload them to?

Ok I uploaded the page but now my site is all messed up and none of the images I put there are coming up. How do I fix this?

Ok just one more question. How do I change what my home page is? I got everything else working but I can't find how to edit my home page. It is still coming up with the test page for it even though I've added content.

1) Tutorials. https://www.smartftp.com/support/howto/
2) If you are using FrontPage, then you need to publish not FTP. Are the img src tags pointed to the right directory?
3) the homepage should be the index.htm or index.html files. Some hosting uses main.htm but just about all will use the index.htm. Edit that page but do not rename it. All browsers will load the index.htm or .html page as a home page.

I fixed everything except for my home page is still coming up as the linux test page. I can't find where it says to fix this. How do I set it so when people type in just the site name it comes up with the home page