Scheduling, transferring files & deleting from source

Hi. I've been through the tutorials and can't find an answer to my question. I'd like to be able to have SmartFTP check a directory at a set time each day, upload any files it finds (and it would be even better if I could use wildcards to specify which files), and then delete the originals or move them to another directory on the hard drive. Can it do that? Thanks

No, this type of synchronization is not currently supported. With a lot of hacking, and if the file names to upload do not change, you could once generate a global queue which uploads these, backup the queue.dat file, write a batch file which copies the queue.dat to the settings folder, launches SmartFTP, and deletes the uploaded files afterwards.

The much cleaner solution would be to use the also available SmartFTP FTP Library and write a simple script to do that.

Thanks, eyebex - no, the filenames would change constantly. I've found another FTP client which does what I need, but thanks again - Cath

Hi Cath,

If you don't mind me asking which client have you found? I've been looking all over and so far haven't managed to find a command line or scriptable FTP client anywhere (that actually works)

Thanks!
Christo

Please move this discussion to PMs. Recommending concurring products in the forum is, well, at least impolite.

How about this,
Add to the queue a directory. So that it uploads everything in it.
Then setup in the options to start the global queue everytime smart-ftp starts and you can even check the box for smart-ftp to close when it is done.
Before doing any uploading save the queue.
Browse to that queue file and copy it to queue2.
Have a batch file delete the normal queue and then copy queue2 to the normal queue. (copy queue2.que queue.que)
Then have the batch startup smart-ftp.
You can have that run everyday to "Sync" your directory with the servers directory.

Even if the files change in the directory they will be sent.