Uploading timeout...

As of recently (last week as far as I know) I've been getting timeouts halfway through uploading large quantities of files to web servers.

Example, uploading a PHPNuke install with 3200 files (total of about 15 Megs).

The specific issue is I'm getting a timeout after about 100-250 files or so (it's very variable).

I've researched the issue of the MSFT technet article. Uninstalling it did not resolve the issue, neither did installing the fixed update v2. I rebooted after every uninstall/install :? And unlike those folks, I can upload.

I've disabled my Norton System Works firewall and it still times out.

I've switched from PASV to Active Port and viceversa to no avail.

I reinstalled SmartFTP and tried it again and norton popped up saying the Default Block WinCrash Trojan horse security rule was activated, on inbound TCP port 4092 and blocked it.

EDIT: I even tried using FTP via IE and it timed out after about 20 minutes of uploading files.

I previously had Norton set to allow all for SmartFTP, but apparently reinstalling it makes Norton think it's new. Enabling Allow All for this "new" app didn't do it either.

Again, I'm able to transfer hundreds of files, but I do get timed out. This happens with multiple servers on different hosts (I borrowed family and friends FTP hosts to verify this wasn't just from one or two hosts).

I've been using SmartFTP for just about a year with great success, and only recently have I had any of these problems.

Has anyone had the issue of timeouts after multiple files are successfully uploaded, perhaps hundreds of files, then get a timeout?

Has anyone else using Norton Antivirus seen this security alert popup?

Any and all help is appreciated.