Upgraded with Latest SFTP Download; Now Won't Connect

Hi, try to raise the timeout to the connection.

Hi, try to raise the timeout to the connection.

I changed the timeout from 20 to 9999. At 20 seconds after FTP>RECONNECT, I got this message:

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

NOTE: Also, Keep Alive is enabled/checked with an Interval of 951 s (seconds?)

What's next to try?

Thanx again, Herb

I have encountered the same problem as Herb (and have followed these and other posts in search of a solution): after upgrading to v1.5.988.36, the following [edited for security] is logged whenever I try to get on to any site:

SmartFTP v1.5.988.36
Resolving host name "www.MYDOMAIN.com"
Connecting to xx.xx.xxx.xx Port: 21
Connected to www.MYDOMAIN.com.
220 Serv-U FTP Server v3.0 for WinSock ready...
USER theseus
331 User name okay, need password.
PASS (hidden)
230 User logged in, proceed.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
FEAT
500 'FEAT': command not understood.
TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
REST 0
350 Restarting at 0 - send STORE or RETRIEVE to initiate transfer.
PWD
257 "/" is current directory.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (xx,xx,xxx,xx,17,181)
Opening data connection to xx.xx.xxx.xx Port: 4533
LIST -aL
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

---end quote---

I do not have a firewall. I accessed one of the sites within the last 48 hours using a previous version of SmartFTP and had no difficulty. I am quite sure the FTP server settings are correct, though I did try using the IP address instead of the host name as well (no luck there either). Settings>Connection>Keep Alive is set to 9999 seconds, and General>Connection>Connection Timeout is set to 120 s. I get the above connection failure notification after 20 seconds each time.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

theseus

Try Active Mode (PORT) instead of Passive Mode (PASV).

I have encountered the same problem as Herb (and have followed these and other posts in search of a solution): after upgrading to v1.5.988.36, the following [edited for security] is logged whenever I try to get on to any site:

<snipped>

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

---end quote---

I do not have a firewall. I accessed one of the sites within the last 48 hours using a previous version of SmartFTP and had no difficulty.  I am quite sure the FTP server settings are correct, though I did try using the IP address instead of the host name as well (no luck there either). Settings>Connection>Keep Alive is set to 9999 seconds, and General>Connection>Connection Timeout is set to 120 s. I get the above connection failure notification after 20 seconds each time.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

theseus

---------------------

Theseus -- In my case, I believe I was using an old/outdated servername with Comcast. You may want to check with your ISP to ensure you are using the correct name. Comcast changed theirs, without notifying its users.

--Herb

Thanks, Herb -- I had seen your post about that and looked into that problem, but confirmed that the servername had not changed.

Many thanks, mb -- switching from passive to active mode did the trick. All systems are go.

theseus

I'm already in Active mode and having the same problem. Any help?

Same problem here.
"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."