uploads some material but not the site content

I created my site off-line with Lotus FastSite. I now have SmartFTP. All the files for my site are located in Lotus/work/FastSite/jamesbatek.com(my site name). I am using Windows Explorer to upload my site. There are nine files in the jamesbatek.com folder. Six are site content and three are assemblers and backup. SmartFTP has been able to upload the assemblers and backup but when I try to upload the six content folders, or the whole jamesbatek.com folder, it fails and my log says "transfer failed." One possible problem I have considered is that my file and folder names generally have spaces and capitals. But if I change them I won't have the natural English texts for my site visitors to read, and that doesn't sound right. Any help?

Also, when I use local browser in order to upload whole folders, and then try to connect, everything that I have in the box to the right--all nine objects--disappears.

Another problem still concerns two videos I have on the site. When I open them with Windows Explorer there's no problem so I assume all 5MB each is present in the files. But when I go to SmartFTP and put everything from the site into the window on the right, including the two videos, the extension is changed from just .mov to .mov.LNK, and the size of each video file, in that window, is listed as 1KB. When I change the video filename to acceptible form, upload it, and play it on my site, I get an image of a broken clip of film, no video. Evidently that .LNK indicates there's some kind of indirect addressing going on and it's not getting the actual file into place for viewing. How can I fix that problem?