Facing Terrible Uploading Problem !

Hello to everyone,

As recently i've started to use the 'great' Smart FTP Client to upload and download through FTP servers as I find it extremely user friendly with its power packed features. But there is a problem that i'm facing when uploading to the FTP servers. The upload constantly gets hanged and then the error message

I was having similar timeout problems caused by my wireless router. So if you're on a network of any sort, you might try uploading from a machine directly connected to the cable/dsl modem.

As for slow uploading speeds, that is not likely to be an issue with the software. That can be a function of a number of different things. I'd first start by going to a bandwidth checking site and finding out how fast your connection really is. If you read your DSL company's ads closely, you'll see that they promise speeds "up to" 1.0/384. It's almost never the case that you actually GET those speeds.

Also, try using different cables, blowing the dust out of your machine, making sure that no other programs ate running during uploads, and adding more memory. Those each might help incrementally, giving you a slightly faster upload speed.

Short of that, if you really make this much money by uploading these files, you might have to upgrade your connection. Try finding a local business with a T-1 or T-3 line who would be willing to let you use their network for a small fee. Then every day, burn a dvd with the data and take it to them for the upload.

Best,
Jason