File Transfer

Hi,

I have been using SmartFTP for file transfers from PC to my website but i was wondering if there is anyway of connecting to my pc from another pc using SmartFTP ?

Any help woud be appriciated.

Many Thanks
Ben

No, SmartFTP is an FTP client, not a server. To transfer files via FTP you need a server on the one side and a client on the other side. So you could install one of the (free / Open Source) Windows FTP servers on your PC.

No, SmartFTP is an FTP client, not a server. To transfer files via FTP you need a server on the one side and a client on the other side. So you could install one of the (free / Open Source) Windows FTP servers on your PC.

Thanks. I was looking into it early hours of the night last night. Tried using something called Serv-U set it all up and and got connected from the same PC as the server was running on but not from any other. Any idea's

Many Thanks
Ben

Sorry, this is far too Serv-U specific to be answered here. You probably need to allow connecting from the IP of your other PC. If the PC the server is running on has a firewall (e.g. Windows' SP2 firewall), this need to be configured, too, or shut off.