I can't see things on my site that others can

Firstly, I'm a Senior, and relatively new to computers. I'm not sure if this is even the right place to be asking, but anyway, here goes - just in case:
I tried my hand at building a small web site - on a dare. It was all done on notepad, and has passed the W3 validation for HTML and CSS. A friend allowed me space on his server, and also recommended SmartFTP to get my stuff up, so now I'm up and running.
However, I have the validation Icon from W3 on each of my pages, and when I look at the site, I can't see them. The owner of the site can see it, and also another friend that I asked to look for me. I've checked my NIS and I should be able to view everything - my friend said that they had the same set up as I have.
When the site owner looks at View-Source, they can see the whole W3 validation paragraph - located at the bottom of the page - but I only see one line of the paragraph.
Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing this? And how I might be able to correct it.

Here is my site: Gram's Garret

Sorry this is so long winded, :oops: and thanks for any help.

The only thing I can think of is that you have disabled downloading images that aren't stored on the same site as the page that's calling them.

I can see the image but I see that it is being downloaded from

http://www.w3.org/Icons/valid-html401

I use Firefox and there's an option under Tools > Options > Web Features to disable downloading images that aren't from the same site (such as your icon). I can't see a similar option in IE but it might be there somewhere.

Can you view images on other sites where they are from different sites?

Thanks very much. I had a look, and I am allowing Load Images and no tick in the "for the originating web site only" and I went and added the W3 site to the Exceptions. But no joy.

Quote:
Can you view images on other sites where they are from different sites?
end Quote.

I don't really know, I do know I can see just about everything on the web.

Thank you for your help.