Erm - I Think I Nuked My Site

I know I'm being very impatient but I'm still clueless and don't know how to solve my problem. Please help, someone. Anyone?

Well, it has nothing to do with SmartFTP i can tell you.. You may have deletet the index.php or .html and as in result it will not find the front page... If there is a file named index it may be your server that dont read that code type..

So how would make my website reappear and be"found". Make a new folder or page called home.html or what ?

Try putting a file called index.htm in the top level of your site - ie in the uppermost folder there is: the root directory.

The file should be your homepage, or front page.

You mentioned you had deleted some folders? I used to host my site where the folder structure suggested my website was all in a subfolder of my web space (I don't know the technical terms either ;-) and I had to upload everything to that folder.

I daresay if I had deleted that folder the website would have stopped working.

Can you remember what those folders were called?

Failing that then it looks like you're going to have to contact the company that hosts your site. They'll be able to advise you what you need to do. Have you checked out any help documentation on their website?

Good luck. I've found learning all this stuff is a right uphill struggle and there's still a lot I don't understand - I just accept it and hope it keeps working!!

index.html does not seem to be my homepage at all.

I can't remember what my folders were called but one of them was www

I made the folder again and moved index.html in there. no luck

Hi

very often, the index.htm or default.htm file will be in a folder called wwwroot, if you deleted that, and it sounds like you might have,

try creating wwwroot then put index.htm or default.htm in it.

But really, you should email the support desk off your webspace provider

cheers