550 Access is denied

Hi.

I read this all here but there is no really help for my problem. But I think I have the same problem.

Every time I try to connect to a ftp server (from a webhosting) I can but there is the info "550 Access is denied" when I connect.

And than when I want to upload something I can

Thrash: You have a completely different problem. Contact your web hosting provider regarding your permissions on the server. If you get a 550 permission denied error from the server it means that you are not allowed to upload to the specific directory on the remote server. Please use the forum or site search function the next time.

-Mat

Hi.

Thanks for your answer, but that is maybe not a completely differen problem. Because a friend of mine has also access to the ftp server and he can upload files without any problems. Also using smartftp with win2k and a WLAN hardware-router.

It must be a other problem.
I tried also to allow access over port 20 but that is also no solution.

My firewall (on the software router) is configured like that: don

I think this is setting at your ISA Server 2004 Firewall policy. On your ISA server, open up ISA Server Mgmt, click on Firewall Policy, and scroll down and locate the internet policy rule. Right click on this rule, and then click on the option 'Configure FTP'. UNCHECK the 'read only' option.

Did you configure proxy at your ftp client? How to configure if my ISA 2004 is also a proxy server. If I use proxy then I cannot connect FTP, if I did not configure proxy, I cannot upload files even though I have uncheck 'read-only'

Yeah thanks.
I