can't connect to address

Hi! I"m quite puzzled. I can't one of my addresses to connect. In the Server section, I typed in ambergard.antir.com and then the username and password. No log error. It just sits there and says it's connected but nothing happens, then it disconnects. :?: Can anyone help? it works on other ftps.

What do you man by "nothing happens"? It sounds as everything is perfectly okay, you just need to do something (like transferring files). Do you see the file listing from the sevrer? And please *always* post the log when having any such issues.

Ok well nothing is happening. it connects one way, and sits there. like the socket doesn't connect or something. I had another friend try that address with smartftp on their computer and it wouldn't work either. But this address connects on other FTP programs. It says it connects and then goes to Waiting... and then gives me this log:
SmartFTP v1.1.985.6
Resolving host name ambergard.antir.com...
Connecting to (ambergard.antir.com) -> IP: 64.246.41.60 PORT: 21
Connected to (ambergard.antir.com) -> Time = 0ms
Socket connected waiting for login sequence.
Connection timeout. No response from server.
Active Help Link: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/58
Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

And I'm positive all the login info is correct so it must be the program.

I tried to connect to the server. It worked, but it took the file listing ages to appear after "Socket connected waiting for login sequence". Please go to the settings and increase the connection timeout value to some high value and try again. This really seems to be a server issue.

thanks! That's still really strange but I'll try it and let you know.

Thanks! That is still odd but thank you! It works fine now.