Cannot connect

I tried Smart FTP for free and it worked quite well for me until recently. I cannot achieve a connection now, and I'm not sure why. I even purchased the licensed version just in case that was the problem. Even so, I cannot get connected. I'm very much a newbie to this program, so please help. Below is my session log:
SmartFTP v1.1.985.6
Resolving host name fidgetyfeetjazzband.com...
Connecting to (fidgetyfeetjazzband.com) -> IP: 207.150.221.97 PORT: 21
Connected to (fidgetyfeetjazzband.com) -> Time = 31ms
Socket connected waiting for login sequence.
220 chp-007-es Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0).
USER fidgetyf
331 Password required for fidgetyf.
PASS (hidden)
230 User fidgetyf logged in.
SYST
215 Windows_NT version 5.0
FEAT
500 'FEAT': command not understood
TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
REST 0
350 Restarting at 0.
PWD
257 "/fidgetyf" is current directory.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (207,150,221,97,10,23).
Opening data connection IP: 207.150.221.97 PORT: 2583.
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
PORT 192,168,1,102,5,162
Connection closed. Timeout (20s).
Command aborted. Timeout (20s).
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
Connection closed.

I did uncheck the FEAT command in my settings, but I still cannot connect.

Hello ...

The problem is usally due to a NAT or a software firewall. Please see the following kb article on to debug and possibly solve the problem:
https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/58

My best advice is to disable any software firewalls (symantec/norton, windows xp firewall, mcafee) which are running on your system.

Regards,
-Mat

I read the information you advised, and disabled all firewalls and removed all antivirus software from my computer. I still get the same message when I try to connect. I even tried using a different computer which has no antivirus software and had the same result. Any more suggestions?

Did you try to use another FTP client to see if it works there?
e.g. the windows ftp command line utility ftp.exe
or you canuse the internet explorer as well.

-Mat

I was not able to connect directly using ftp.exe as you suggested, so I decided to keep on trying other options. When I disconnected my linksys router and connected my computer directly to my modem, I was able to successfully connect and transfer information. The router must act as a firewall and prevent exchange of information from occurring. Hopefully this post will allow others information on how to get around this problem. The other computer I had tried to connect with also was connected via a linksys router. I haven't tried to connect again with it yet, but I'm quite confident that if I avoid using the router, a connection will be made. Thanks for all of your help Mat.
Bob

Think I'm encountering same problem as BobQDVM. Have been happily using this program for months to upload graphics to my website. Suddenly find I'm unable to connect - keep getting "server timeout" message.
Tried downloading latest version but doesn't seem to install correctly.
Tried Developer Build but it shut down on first attempt.
Like BobQDVM, couldn't connect to ftp.exe

don't know what else to do :?:

I took off kb893066, but the problem was not solved. I still get the same message reading....

LIST -aL
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
Timeout (45s).

Help please

Same thing happening to me...Been using smartftp for a while, but today I couldnt connect

Please post your license key when posting into this forum. Check the forum rules for details.
Thanks
-Mat

I have the same problem :S......