No prompt dialog when upload existed file during Queue trans

Hi,

I'm using SmartFTP 1.1.985. I use Global Queue to upload file(s) to an FTP site. If the file already existed in the destination directory. It has NO dialog box prompted out asking for your opinion such as Override, Resume, Skip, Cancel whatever. Sometimes it will auto overwrite the file (if the file size is smaller in source), sometimes it will keeping retry endlessly on the same file.

In my Settings -> Transfer -> Files. I've already set all "Ask" for Download, Upload and FXP options inside the "On File Exist" tag.

May I know how can I activate the dialog box that prompt me to select my preference when file existed inside Global Queue mode? Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
Patrick Chung

The global queue doesnt display the "File Exist" dialog if "Ask" is selected. Instead if "Ask" is selected the "Global Queue" will automatically overwrite the file if the destination file size is larger and resume the file if the destination file size is smaller.

If you have a better ide how this can be realized please let me know. But its impossible for the global queue to display a file exist dialog. If you ask why, imagine you have 20 threads running.

-Mat

I think SmartFTP can let the user to pre-define the behavior of Global Queue transfer when file exist inside the Option setting:
Example, create a matrix table for the following case:
Action: Skip(S) / Overwrite(O) / ResumeĀ®
Case:
When destination file date newer and
file size smaller: S / O / R?
file size same: S / O / R?
file size larger: S / O / R?
When destination file date same and
When destination file date older and

Check box here: If resume fail, will overwrite.

This is my suggestion to SmartFTP, and make it more smart

---
Patrick

Thats what im implementing right now. You cannot rely on the filetime though. If MDTM to set the filetime of the remote file is not supported by the server the remote filetime doesn't give you any useful information for the file exist decision.
Please give me a night for the feature to be completed.
-Mat

Thanks Mat!
It's so exciting to know you're working on it!
I agree with you that somehow the FTP server's MDTM didn't let FTP client to reset the file date and time. And sometimes zone problem as well.