Slow LAN Transfer

I dont know if this problem is specific to LANs or not (I dont have enough bandwidth for it to matter outside of my network).

My transfer speeds start out good but if SmartFTP is left alone, they slow down. I left it alone and speeds dropped to around 115KB/s (over a 100mbps lan). I found that if I am doing something, it speeds up. Simply clicking on the smartftp box on the taskbar to minimize and then show the window brings the speeds up to 3000+ KB/s but as soon as I leave it alone again, it starts dropping back down quite quickly until about 500kb/s where it starts slowly dropping until it is back to the 100's.

Any idea what is causing this and how to solve it?

maybe when ur pc is idle it doesnt send out the packets as fast as if u were working on the pc. i.e. if someone was accessing ur pc while u were sleeping you wouldnt want them to gain ur files so quickly. Anyways maybe is a setting error..

Hi i just tested a lan transfer of 20 GB and it gets ~12 MB/s without trouble with the computer idle.

Please test it with the latest build. Set the File Transfer Buffer and the Send Transfer Buffer to 65536 in the Settings->Transfer->Performance.
https://www.smartftp.com/download

-Mat