Downloading

Hi,

I am a bit of a novice, so please have patience!

I use SmartFTP to access my site and i regularly make a back up of all the folders in there.

Recently I made a huge mistake in the db and the whole site was peppererd with errors. After realising the only way was to re-install a previous working copy, I uploaded my back up, but on completion it would not work because ../../members_functions/index.asp wasn't found.

After taking a look, I noticed that it had only copied half the folder contents of one particular folder ( the rest had been copied in full ).

I have been trying to download the entire site ( for what its worth now ! ) but it still only copies half the contents of this one folder.

Can anyone tell me the proper procedure(s) to make a sucessful back up of all the contents without doing each file/folder one at a time. Up to that point, i was drag dropping my folders to my desktop.

I would be really grateful of any help you can give.

download the lastest developer build, make sure in tools -> settings / general -> navigation "queue" is selected as the default operation for drag & drop, and then drag & drop your files to the desktop as usual. previously, smartftp used direct downloads instead of the global queue when doing drag & drop, which may fail to resume if the connection is lost for some reason. queued transfers auto-resume until they are completed.

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you !!!!