Set Transfer Timeout value

Hi, sftp disconnects automatically after 300 seconds (No Transfer Timeout ). How can I set this value, or decide not to disconnect at all?

:?:

I have the same problem.

I tried looking through the settings, but I couldn't find anything called 'Transfer Timeout'.
I searched through the forum, but all I could find were unanswered questions like this topic.
I looked through the site, and I couldn't find a faq and only tutorials.

This is either really hard, or really easy. How do you turn the damn thing off?

Waiting for a quick answer! 8)

I had the same problem myself when I first started using SmartFTP, and I finally figured it out myself. Under "tools" then "settings" , you'll see "connection" in the tree in the window on the left side. Click that, and you'll see "server timeout" as the last item in the "connection settings" section on the right side. I boosted that up and killed the speed limits in the transfer settings, and I haven't had any problems since. I'm sure there must be a way to deactivate the timeout as you can the speed limits, but I'm no expert. I just started getting into this stuff a couple of years ago, and I've been teaching myself. If you find any better info than what I've got, pass it along. Best of luck to you.

SmartFTP doesnt disconnect. Its the remote server which does. You cannot control this behavior unless you change the FTP server configuration.

Regards,
-Mat