Folder List Missing

Folder List Missing all of a sudden

I'm not sure what has happened but all of a sudden when I connect to my server I dont see a folder list, the actual window is their and it says connected but none of my file folders or anything can be viewed.

Is this common? Can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance

Gaz

check if "view" -> "show panes" -> "folder view" is enabled. you probably accidently pressed shift+f2 and disabled it.

Thanks for your quick reply but that hasn't solved my problem.

When I did that it made me view even less. I am with brinkster and I can see in the folder window a little computer (the same as on the connect button) and then it says ftps6.brinkster.com, ususally all my folder follow on from that but they aren't their anymore on either of two machines.

Gaz[/img]

could you post a screenshot?

I had a problem like this when I was using active port mode. When I switched back to pasv mode, the problem went away. The only difference was that with active mode, I didn't have server timeouts disconnecting me.

hi... i've the same problem... it doesnt show me the directories... just the server!! i cant upload anything... and after 30seconds the timeout comes!! but this problem isnt just with smartFTP... with all the other 50FTP programs i have.... its the same message!! i have turn on the PASV mode... nothing happend!! just the same message like everytime!!
I've this problem just at home... in school i had installed smartFTP and there i hadnt any problems with the directories!! i saw all my files and could upload and download it!!!!

PLS HELP!!!

I need to edit my forum!!!

Greez eotsskleet
visit www.kr4nk.ch.vu ==> *klick* FORUM

whohoooo

.....its a happy day....!! It works... i havnt done anything!! but it works!! i tried something with de norton internetsecurity... but i dont think that that changed anything!!
OK have a nice Day!!

EDIT: OK i knew the Problem and the Answer... its the Firewall!! i have a Hardware firewall.. but i had set the access for the FTP ip.... but it didnt work... so i restartet my hardware Firewall (Zyxel 10 - Box) and it works!! its amazing!! *g*