Files missing from large transfer

With the previous version of SmartFPT I refrained from copying entire directory structures since often files would go missing without any warning.

Now when I was about to report this bug I could not reproduce it, using v1.1.984. Has a major bug in file structure transfer been fixed for this version, or should I try harder to reproduce the problem?

(BTW, I usually transfer tarballs, but it would be nice to know that large structure transfers work so one could trust such usage for the occasional usage.)

Another question: Does the FTP-protocol allow to preserve file modification time? As things are now, large file structure transfers seem to set modification date as the transfer date.

Nice product, BTW!

Another question: Does the FTP-protocol allow to preserve file modification time? As things are now, large file structure transfers seem to set modification date as the transfer date.
go to "tools -> settings", "transfer -> files", "keep file time".

go to "tools -> settings", "transfer -> files", "keep file time".

Cool!
Perhaps that ought to be the default behaviour, unless there are problems associated with keeping the times?

Thanks for your quick reply!

I tried time-preservation out, and it seems I had to restart SmartFTP for the new settings to take effect.

First I tested by copying a file from a remote machine to my local folder:

The time is first displayed as "right now" then a few seconds later altered to the original file's time. Slightly weird... :wink: (But OK if it works.)

Then I tested by copying from a local folder to a remote machine:

The time was set as "right now" and remained like that. (Yes, I did tick all three boxes in the settings.)
This is what the log said:

227 Entering Passive Mode (69,36,169,62,162,166)

Opening data connection IP: 69.36.169.62 PORT: 41638.

STOR MAINTAINERS.txt

150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for MAINTAINERS.txt.

1488 bytes sent successfully. (1.45 KB/s) (00:00:01).

226 Transfer complete.

PASV

227 Entering Passive Mode (69,36,169,62,252,181)

Opening data connection IP: 69.36.169.62 PORT: 64693.

LIST -aL

150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.

1270 bytes received successfully. (1.24 KB/s) (00:00:01).

226 Transfer complete.