Path Specif URL Is Not Downloading

I've been using SmartFTP for awhile to upload pics to a hosting server. I would then change the picture properties in FrontPage HTML in order to access the picture from the Host using the path designated in the SmartFTP program. Everything always worked great.

I recently switched Hosts. I have uploaded pics, but now I cannot access them in the same manner. When I set the path in HTML based on the file location in the SmartFTP directory, it downloads absolutely nothing. All I get is a blank picture. I've tried this with several pics and still the same results.

I do not think this is a SmartFTP issue. I beleive SmartFTP is doing it's job. I think the issue is the Hosting server, but when I explained to them the problem, they were of no help. I thought that maybe someone here could help. Maybe with the right info, I can present it to the hosting party and get them to correct it. In case you were wondering, the FrontPage extensions have already been installed by the hosting server, so that is not the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

Hi there...

wow.. that sure sounds like a very complicated process to go through all the time!

Can you pull the picture/s up using absolute urls? eg. http://www.mydomain.com/pics/example1.jpg

Maybe you can post a url to one of the pages so I can take a look.

Cheers

Kathy

The reason could be that you're uploading to an incorrect folder, or you do not know how to access that folder via a URL.

The way you are doing it is suboptimal too, here are my sugggestions:

A) Drop MS FrontPage, it's the worst HTML editor ever. Try Dreamweaver or find a freeware one that generates decent HTML and not trash that FrontPage does.

You do not need to go through all this "linking hell". Simply create a directory called "images" in the same folder that your website is, and have all the images point to "images/imagename.jpg", this way when you work locally, the images are displayed from your computer, and when you upload the website (with the images folder), the images will be accessed from the server.

I thank all you guys for your suggestions, comments, and help. I foud out what the problem was, and it was a simple problem of "permissions". Although the destination folder allowed the correct permissions for access, the root folder was not set up in the same manner. I have everything working properly now. Thanks again.