URL Watcher Question

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to add the target of a URL in the clipboard (via the URL Watcher) to the Global Queue? I just switched over from BulletProof FTP which had this feature and I found it very useful. The way SmartFTP handles URLs baffles me, instead of queueing the target, it drops the target and connects to the site. This is no good if the site is, for example, a public FTP that won't let you list directories, but only retrieve files. It means essentially I can't queue these files.
Is there any way to do this that I am missing, or should I put in a feature request for this? I have searched the forum, but can't find anything already discussed.

Cheers.

Since no ones answered I'll try to make this a bit clearer.
Say I get a URL, copied from a webpage or whatever and it looks like this:

ftp://ftp.example.com/files/thisfile.exe

What I want to do is either have SmartFTP catch thus URL or paste this in the connect dialog and have it download thisfile.exe.
Instead what it does is strips thisfile.exe from the URl, connects to ftp.example.com and attempts to list the contents of the 'files' directory.
Now, this is no good if the site in question doesn't allow listing of directories, as it means I can't even queue this file manually by listing the dir and queuing the file.
Is this how it's supposed to work? It would make more sense to me that if there is a file on the end of the URL, it would queue the file for download.

Edit: Windows XP Pro SP2, SmartFTP v1.1.984.15 (has been observed in previous versions also).

Cheers.

Right click on an empty spot in the Global Queue and press "Paste"

Thanks, that worked. I feel a bit silly that I overlooked that :oops:

Cheers.

Hello Soma ...

Please use the latest developer build from
https://www.smartftp.com/download

We just fixed a few problems with the Paste function in the global queue.

-Mat