when opening local folder hanging

Why does my Smart FTP program hang when I click on opening the "local folder" option? Smart FTP opens fine on its own, but when I click local folders it hangs and I have to close it in the task bar. Any ideas?

Hi, a old build from SmartFTP was afected by that bug, try updating to the last development build and check if it fixes your trouble.

Nope, if it is the build that is in your sig then it is still not working. I un-installed everything and re-installed the build and it still doesnt work.

Hi, what windows version are you ussing? Also, have you checked that your box is spyware/virus free?

Yup my computer is free of spyware, I am on XP. Should I post my hijackthis file?

Have you tried to delete the SmartFTP registry key? Also what exact version of windows SP1 or SP2?

I have not deleted the registry key. Where and how do I do that. I have SP2.

Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSmartFTP and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARESmartFTP and delete the branch

so delete the whole folder "smartftp"?

No, registry is not delete the folder, you must run regedit and then delete the branch, but i think that a better way is use SmartFTP backup tool and use it to reset all.

please explian exactly how do i delete the branch?

It's to dangerous for a newbie on regedit to delete things, plz try with the SmartFTP backup tool.

What is the smartftp back up tool?

This: Download