Speed is very bad :-(

Hi,
I use SmartFTP frequently, but since the last updat I do have a major Problem..
The Download Speed Limit is a Max of 3 Kbs... when I use an other FTP Program i have 100 Kbs on the same server.
There are no visuous settings of the Speed Limit its all devault "0"..
The Realese is 1.0.983
Any Ideas#?

Hi there is no issue with speed on the last SmartFTP build, i can reach up to 36 MB/s over my gigabit ethernet lan.

So what than is my problem?
I commit that I played arround with some Settings on Speed and Threads, but everything is set back to normal
Threads=0
Speed=0

Any Idea?

I have the same problem, it took me almost an hour to upload a clean phpBB forum and that's just wrong

[quote name='fareway]I have the same problem' date=' it took me almost an hour to upload a clean phpBB forum and that's just wrong[/quote']

Hi the bad of uploading a forum is that most of times it uses a lot of small files, and you can do nothing to fix that with SmartFTP, only uncompress the files on the server.

I uploaded it before and it was never that slow, only took about 5-10 minutes

I am having the same problem! And I think that is more than coincidence.

After upgrading to version 1.0.983 upload speeds are extremely slow!!!!

Apparently something is wrong with the new code...

Up until now I was impressed by the frendliness, easy of use, SPEED and trouble free operation of SmartFTP.

I was ready to buy it, until what happened after last update. If I knew better I would stayed to my previous version.

I am really sorry to say that, but if there is no fix to this problem, I am considering to abandon the SmartFTP application.

These are support forums, correct?

Well I see the forum but I don't see any support :roll:

Hi, for me all works ok, i can reach 36 MB/s on my gigabit lan, and i can't test ok on internet because my upload is only 128 kbps. I only can say that i have updated a forum 2 days ago ussing SmartFTP and i don't had any speed troubles uploading.

fact is that a lot of people do have problems with speed and nobody is doing anything about it, they're not even acknowledging the problem.... so I really can't figure out why this is called a support forum

Thats a totally incorrect statement in any way. If you don't like SmartFTP or if you think you are not treated well, feel free to leave this forum and use another software. Stop making claims you cannot proof and blaming peple for not helping and fixing your problems.

Thank you.
Regards,
SmartFTP.com

I'm not the only one getting this problem, therefore my statement is correct, if you don't like it then fix it