550 Overwrite Permission Denied

Hiya, folks. I've been using SmartFTP for almost 2 years now and never had a problem. Now tonight, for no apparent reason that I can imagine, I'm getting the error that I titled this post after, "550 ... overwrite permission denied".

I can upload new files just fine but it's not letting me overwrite any of the existing ones. Any ideas as to why and what I can do to resolve this problem?

Thank you.

Server "issue", you must talk with the owner of the ftp site.

I am the site's owner, though. :? I haven't changed anything, either ... it just decied to act all screwy on its own.

Thanks for responding, though.

Maybe the file is in use. Try to delete it and then wait for a little and upload it again. If this isnt the case you have to adjust the privileges of your account or the file permissions.

-Mat

No, the file is not in use. It's now been a full day and I still have the asame problem. However, when I upload files directly from my site's contol panel file manager they upload fine ... overwriting and everything. I just don't get it ...

How do I adjust the privileges?

Any one??? :?

Do you have a control panel along with your domain/hosting?

If so it may be that you can set the permission of the FTP account in the Control Panel...

Yes, I have a Control Panel. Thanks for the input ...

... but just as oddly as this problem came up .. it went away. I did nothing and everything is now back to normal.

Gremlins, I guess ...