uploaded files into a new folder?

how do i put files that i've uploaded, into a new folder i created under my "Parent directory"? i can't seem to move or copy them there....thx

well, i went back and dragged the file's from right to left to the new folder.....DOH again. if i keep figuring this out i may have to buy it.

BTW, do webhosting company provides the FTP proggie? or can i just use smartFTP? :?

Hi jwgeetar,

SmartFtp is a great proggie - well worth the cash outlay. Some hosts let you upload through control panels etc... why not just use smartftp - then you can use it regardless of host/s.

Kathy

thx Kathy, well i'm headed in that direction. i'm forcing myself to get used to FTP cause i'll have to when i webhost. making my website work is now a challenge. i have my site at geocities(i know i know :oops: ) and recently went to Earthlink DSL. i've moved my site files with the help of Smart FTP to EL but can't make my site work there yet.

i've got forwarding enabled on my domain name and the "new"(??) URL there. well at least the new URL i think is right???

onward thru the fog....(but i've got GPS )

Hiya,

If you've already moved the files, then they must be there on the EL server - maybe they're just not in the right directory... ? Is there a folder called public_html ? If there is, put them in there.... if you get really stuck hit me up on icq 50221831 and I'll take a look for you.

Cheers,

Kathy

Hiya,

If you've already moved the files, then they must be there on the EL server - maybe they're just not in the right directory...  ?   Is there a folder called public_html   ?  If there is, put them in there.... if you get really stuck hit me up on icq 50221831 and I'll take a look for you.

Cheers,

Kathy
thx for the input Kathy, i have to wait 12 hours before the new URL clears---as Register.com says anyway. i got an email back from them saying it was a good URL! we'll see. and no, i don't see a public file in EL's proggies.....yet! jw :roll: