Help in setting Up Please

Hi,
I'm new to this, & would appreciate some help in the initial setting up please.
I have a site on 1and1,,, but at the mement, I am getting the message PASS (hidden)
530 Login incorrect.
Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

I am using my name & password,,, but can't get past this point. :cry:

has anyone the time to help this newbie please ?

Thanks
Furkin

HI Furkin - 530 error means there's something wrong with the details you're trying to login in with....

usually in the address box you put in
mydomain.com (or whatever the domain is that you're uploading to) - you might have to put in the www. before the domain name though...

If it isn't that - then there's something wrong with either the username or password you are using - so you need to contact your host to verify those details if that is the case.

Cheers,

Kathy

Hi Kathy,
Thanks for your kind reply. All I have to work with is my domain name (alchytester.co.uk) and password. I have spent days trying all permutations of names / passwords / email address etc etc.
The domain is definitely running on 1and1,,, my page was built in FrontPage (will re do it when I get opinions from others on which program is better for this).
I'm at a loss as to what i'm inputting wrong !
Any other help would be appreciated.
thanx
Furkin

Hi Furkin

I don't use frontpage but you can just publish to the web from the program. If you ftp instead of using the frontpage publish thing it can crash the fp server extensions.

You have your domain name, and password - but you need your username as well- maybe it's your customer ID number? Surely they sent you a welcome email with these details? (don't post them here.. )

sorry Furkin - I hit the submit button prematurely....

If you can login to your account on the 1and1 site - then hopefully the ftp login information will be in there - but often it will be the same as the info you use to login to your control panel or whatever it is that they have.

Cheers,

Kathy