Cant drag & drop files any longer

For some reason I can NOT drag & drop files from the local browserr window to the server connection window. This is for both uploads and downloads.

I have been using SmartFTP for over a year now and this is the first time I was not able to Drag and Drop.

I am using Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 trying to up loads files to my linux server.

Yes I am using the free version of SmartFTP is there some type of timer on Smart FTP that doenst allow you to do drag and drop down loads after a certain amount of time?

Any help is appreciated.

Edited: I am able to connect just fine to the server using SmartFTP and I am able to transfer files using the <Upload><Direct><Select Files> command, but not able to up load entire directories that way. :cry:

OK, interesting, I guess after a certain amount of time your not able to drag & drop in SmartFTP UNLESS you purchase a license.

I purchaseed a license and things work fine now.

That's a strange thing, what SmartFTP build are you ussing, how much time have been using SmartFTP?

Well I was using build 1.0.980, then I had the problem and then upgraded to the latest version 1.0.983. Didn't help.

My SmartFTP install I have has been in use 478 days as of today.
Like I say once I purchased the license drag and drop started working again.

Strage thing, as far i know that don't must broke drag and drop there is no limit of drag and drop use.

I have tryed with the last SmartFTP build on my 2nd box without licence and i don't have trouble at all with drag and drop (~400 days on use on that box)

yeah, I used SmartFTP about a week ago and had no trouble. So maybe ther is a limit set in around the 470's day use area :?: :?

No, i have tryed with my main box to remove the license, and it works without flaws, and it has 728 days on use.

Humm, then, that is very interesting.

Hello ..

Use the global queue for your transfers. You cannot use the the upload->select files to upload directories.
The global queue howto can be found at
https://www.smartftp.com/support/howto

Regards,
-Mat

You're quite right!
Drag and drop, seems to stop working after a while. Only solution is to go via commands > down- or uploads or by right clicking > down- or upload..
For me that's a little bit to unpractical.
But we must not despair, Horatio , there are other clients whom are awaiting to be picked of the wide, wide web. :twisted: