Help Getting dumb error messages

Hello I am just starting with smartftp if I can get it going I will purchase it. I am in need of a ftp program that will work for me.
I am getting these error messages I am trying to upload a file so I can share them with my groups
NOOP command successful.
MKD Sharing Folder
553-The name you specified is not allowed.
553-Names must contain only ASCII letters (a-z,A-Z), digits (0-9), underscore, dot and dash.
553-Names must not start with a dot (.) or dash (-).
553-For additional info please visit:
553-See http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/webhosting/gftp/
CWD Sharing Folder
550 /anonymous/Sharing Folder: No such file or directory.
NOOP
200 NOOP command successful.

hmm not really an error msg per say.
are u sure u have full rights on the server/site your uploading 2 ?
are u able 2 upload files (not make folders) 2 the root directory or any other ?

the only other time ive seen full rights b unable 2 make a directory is when the directory already exists on the root drive (wheather u can see it or not) or the server/site has nameing rules implemented & usually then its upper/lower case issues & lots of times it will auto change them

as the error message says: the directory name is not allowed to contain spaces. try "SharingFolder" instead.

BTW: that's a limitation of yahoo, not of smartftp.

hmm not really an error msg per say.
are u sure u have full rights on the server/site your uploading 2 ?
are u able 2 upload files (not make folders) 2 the root directory or any other ?

the only other time ive seen full rights b unable 2 make a directory is when the directory already exists on the root drive (wheather u can see it or not) or the server/site has nameing rules implemented & usually then its upper/lower case issues & lots of times it will auto change them

Hello I should have full rights I own the domain and it is on my webhost. I can't upload any files all I get is an anomyous and a parent folder
driving me crazy

as the error message says: the directory name is not allowed to contain spaces. try "SharingFolder" instead.

BTW: that's a limitation of yahoo, not of smartftp.

Hello I have tried that too. I can't seem to upload any files.
smartftp said it is up to my server to help me I have called them dozens of times and they have been no help at all.

out of curiosity have u tried any other ftp client?

im going 2 assume that it will give you the same msg so at least then u will have more 2go at your host co. w/ in that its on there end

i wish i could b of more

in order to help you, we need to see the exact server responses. just paste them here as you did with the ones above.