2 IPs Support

Hi , I have 2 LanCards , 2 IPs , 2 ISPs.
how I can use both lines to download files from FTP , if I use 2 Connections , one per line .
for example in "Global Queue" I download 10 files in same time , 5 will be in 1st IP and 5 others in second IP .
like I see SmartFTP cant do this ... or ?
if no , any chance to add this options ?
Thanks!

Interessting question. I have no answer though a related question: I have a single LAN card that has been assign two IPs (the second one via VPN). How can I make SmarFTP bind to a specific IP, i.e. identify itself with the first or second IP to servers with IP restricted access? Currently, SmartFTP seems to always bind to the local IP that has been most recenty acquired.

You cannot specify the NIC SmartFTP is using. There's not really a need for this in my opinion.

mb="There's not really a need for this in my opinion" this is very help when you have more then 1 LanCard , and Net Speed 10Mbit on every IP .
I have a server with 5LanCards , 10Mbit x 5 total is 50Mbit speed .
so 10Mbit vs 50Mbit is realy not same .
also I am not talking about NIC select , I mean to use all of them .
this is not so hard to add , same way like "repeater.smartftp.com" just add all this IPs manualy. and SamrtFTP will use all time deferent IP for new connection.
Thanks.

Hi, has "workarround" you can add a proxy to the 2nd ip and conect to other site with that proxy.

mb wrote:You cannot specify the NIC SmartFTP is using. There's not really a need for this in my opinion.
Well, I disagree :-) I'll explain my problem in more detail, hoping you'll change your mind: I use several FTP servers with IP-restricted access. I also use VPN to access my company's internal resources. I'm connected via VPN almost all of the time. If I then start SmartFTP, it connects to the FTP server from the local IP assigned via VPN, and access is denied. So I need to disconnect from VPN, connect to FTP, download to a local temp folder, reconnect to VPN, upload from the local temp folder and delete the temp files afterwards each time I want to tranfer files from the IP-restricted FTP server to my company's server. Not very convenient :-(

yes I agree , but then will be used only IP2 and not them both in same time. :?

if mb will add MultiIP support , SmartFTP will be 1st FTP Client with this support !

Lordx: Buy a 1 x Gigabit ethernet card for 10 USD. If you are using PORT mode you can already manually set the IP address the server connects to. Settings->Connection "PORT IP Mode" set it to manual.

Eyebox: You should rethink your network configuration. Disable the default gateway option in the VPN connection settings. Or do you always want to connect through VPN when you are browsing the internet?

The only situation where the IP selection would be useful is when you have multiple public ips assigned to your NIC and you want to login to a server with 1 connection per IP restriction. But in this case you are probably not connecting to a business related server anyway :-)

In the case you have two up/downstream providers, its better you setup a router in front of your network which does the routing for you.

-Mat

Lordx: Buy a 1 x Gigabit ethernet card for 10 USD. If you are using PORT mode you can already manually set the IP address the server connects to. Settings->Connection "PORT IP Mode" set it to manual.

Eyebox: You should rethink your network configuration. Disable the default gateway option in the VPN connection settings. Or do you always want to connect through VPN when you are browsing the internet?

The only situation where the IP selection would be useful is when you have multiple public ips assigned to your NIC and you want to login to a server with 1 connection per IP restriction. But in this case you are probably not connecting to a business related server anyway :-)

In the case you have two up/downstream providers, its better you setup a router in front of your network which does the routing for you.

-Mat

I do have "multiple public ips" this why I ask ... and like I see you agree about this ( The only situation where the IP selection would be useful is when you have multiple public ips assigned to your NIC ).
all my LanCards 1Gbit ( For LAN ) , but Internet connection is 10MBit , and I cant get faster connection so I have 2 x 10Mbit from 2 deferent ISP's. this why I need this addon.
and about a router with this options, yes this is good idea , but this router cost some 500$ ( I checked ).
and about PORT IP Mode to manual , he make connection from main IP and when I traying to use PORT ( to IP-2 ) I get this error on geting data:
LIST -aL
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for directory listing.
Connection closed. Server timeout.
426 Connection closed: Connection timed out.
I will tray to work on it more , maybe I will get it work. but this is manualy addon , it will use all connections on 1 IP . and not use them both automaticly.
Thanks for reply.

how about to set Default Gateways in SmartFTP ?
2 Default Gateways then will both IPs in use
every new connection will be done in other Gateway.
( 2 Gateways from 2 deferent ISPs , 2 networks )

mb? any reply ???