FTP won't connect

Hey, When I first installed SmartFTP everything worked fine. Then a few days later I tried to upload some files, and my ftp woudn't connect, so i thought hmm ftp server must be down. So I tried the next day, same thing. Then i tried another server same thing. It seems like SmartFTP will not work with any of my ftps. Other applications will but i like SmartFTP the best.
Here is the error message I get.
Resolving host name **...
Connecting to (**) -> IP: ** PORT: 21
Connection timeout. No response from server.
Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

** Is my IP im connecting to.
Please help me!

before going on
r u sure the ftpds are up?
did u try to connect the same ftpds with another client just to see if it works?
it's impossible to know what's going on from what u wrote

I am sorry.
Yes I have tried all of the servers I am connecting with different FTP Programs and they all are successful. SmartFTP Will not do remote or local ftps.

Maybe some firewall only bocks SmartFTP for some reason?

I only got a router but it works fine on my brothers he is always connected through the router.

u got no software firewall?
maybe it's that which doesn't allow smartftp to connect to the internet
i can't think of anything else but u putting in the wrong port, but it seems not to be like that
try to connect to the 'default' servers, such as smartftp.com, the ones u fund in the favorites, and let us know

no to software firewall and
no to public servers
this is getting hard and aggravting

What you have mention about the connection am getting the same. I was not having any problems until I went with DSL and a D-Link DI-604 router if anyone has this type of router maybe they could help or if they are having the same problems. May I ask what type router are you using if any. Best of luck if I come up with and answer I will get back to you. Thanks Joshm

i have exactly the same problem

was fine, now it's not. tried downloading and re-installing the application but still no joy. I know for sure that the servers are up. i can even use SmartFTP when at work to log into them to test, but my home installation will not work. I haven't changed any of my firewall/port settings (and yes, port 21 is open). I am using a Belkin 54g.

mooter

Yes,

Due to no one replying I decided to post the new sitatuion of what happened I am 90% sure what the cause is.

1. I reinstalled windows, everything works!!!
2. Installed Adobe Reader 6.0
3. SmartFTP not connecting....

Anyone see anything here? Maybe a conenction of some type? I wont uninstall Adobe because I perfer it over smartftp but mayb that is the answer just maybe!!

I have adobe acrobat installed as well here. No problems. And it doubt its hacking into the winsock LSP.

The following kb article may help:
https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/58

-Mat

turned them all off, same...only reformating works.