Connection problem after XP SP2 installed

Hello,

I recently installed XP SP2 and suddenly I cannot connect to my FTP Server. This has been working fine until such time that SP2 was installed. I've searched the threads here and followed the steps listed. I've downloaded and installed the latest version of SmartFTP (1.0.982) and have even turned off the MS Firewall. I still get the following message:

530 PASV command only accepts connection from client IP address.
550 List failed. No port specified.

I'm getting very frustrated and do not know what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

P.S. I did ask a friend (using another FTP client) who has XP SP2 installed to see if he could reach the server. He was able to without any problem.

Change PASV mode with PORT to fix your trouble.

Read: Switch from passive to active mode :-)

Please help

Thanks to Smartftp, I enjoyed breezing through many different ftp sites and downloading files until I upgraded to SP2.

Now every session is painfully slow. For example, I can connect to different sites and see the lists of folders and files. But once I initiate the session, going though different folders and downloading files are near impossible. When I click on a folder, the session would hang (not crashing) indefinitely.
Even if I could download a file, the data would transfer for the first few seconds and it would stay that way indefinitely.

Is ICMP to be blamed? How can I fix this problem?

Thank you for your time.

Deleting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSmartFTP may fix the problem.

It very likely doesn't fix the problem.

The problem is very likely with a software hooking into Winsock LSP. e.g. software firewall.

-Mat

I think the software is not crashing or freezing. It's just that whenever I click on certain folders or files, it seems like the smartftp is waiting for a response from another ftp server. Any other icons within other ftp server is not working. But the disconnect botton works so I had to disconnect the session after hours of waiting and frustration. That means the Smartftp works. Is there any port that I need to open up in order for the Smartftp to work flawlessly? Or what other fixes would you recommend?