Latest build crashing on XP

Hi,

I'm running Windows XP SP2, and just tried to upgrade to the latest build (982) of SmartFTP. Every time I run the installer, I get a message that says a part of the installer didn't run correctly, and when SmartFTP launches, each time I press the connect button, it crashes. I've tried un-installing and reinstalling, and it still did the same thing.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Kat

Check that you have the complete file size, also, check that smartftp.exe is not listed on taskman. The most likely is that your download is corrupted also it can be SmartFTP is on memory.

Well, I uninstalled again, and tried to delete the folders left in c:Program Files (the folders were SmartFTP and SmartFTP Setup Files). It said SmartHook.dll was still in use. A reboot didn't fix that, so I booted into safe mode and deleted the folders. Back into regular mode, and ran RegScrubXP. I redownloaded the installer, from Download.com this time instead of here at the SmartFTP site.

Upon reinstallation, the installer launched SmartFTP for me when I pressed the Finish button, and then froze. I had to use my task manager to close it. SmartFTP, however, seems to be working now.