how to get the file type to show up

ive been using smartftp for a few years now and love it!

i recently had my hard drive crash and had to reinstall everything. i went from win 98 to win 2000.

and reloaded smartftp. here is my problem

in the local browser i have the following field titles:
name, size, type, modified

my problem is the name field. it contains only the NAME of the file but not the file type extention. ex sdcs1 and the file type is JPG before reloading i used to see sdcs1.JPG

i rename all my pics so i dont have to create pages each time i load them to the net. this has never been a problem because i just right click and rename it from sdcs1. JPG to 1.jpg (ive had problems with case sensitive stuff before so i just include the JPG as jpg).

but now when i try to rename the file i get.... sdcs1.jpg.JPG
arrggh so i figured... no problem ill just change it to sdcs1 and it will add the file type automaticly... arrrghhhh which it does.. but as JPG see note above about case sensitivity!!

so... how do i get the file extention to show up in ftp so that i can just rename the file the way i want to and add my file extention without the program doing that part automaticly.

im sorry if this doesnt make complete sense... its late in texas

blue

The local file browser in SmartFTP uses the same settings as Windows Explorer does, so if you enabled hiding of known file extensions (which is the default), just disable that in Windows Explorer by selecting Tools -> Folder Options... -> View -> Hide extensions for known file types.

your a real peach eyebex!!

i knew it was probably something really simple!

u know its been years since i used windows explorer. I use smartftp as my "explorer"!

arrghhhhh dont u just hate crashing hard drives!!

sigh.....

all hail to eyebex...

hail ...... Hail.... HAIL

blue