Blurry pics??

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I have been using this program for ages. The last couple of days SOME of the pics just seem a little blurry. I checked from camera to PC to Photoshop...fine. When I open the ftp local browser and PREVIEW...they are a bit blurry. Any idea? Also transfer to storage location is a little blurry. Not terrible but off!! :?:

to be honest, i don't get what you mean and how it is related to smartftp ... anyways, it sounds as if the program you use for previewing an image scales down the image to a size that fits the preview window / screen. when downsampling, any good image viewer uses some kind of filter to average pixel values, which may lead to a blurry look.

THANKS for posting. Everything seems fine until I resize in Photoshop. I think you are right...a setting in there is wrong. It lets me see it in Photoshop OK BUT when it then opens in ftp it's blurry. AND it is taking a longer time to resize than usual. BUT I have no idea how to correct it? OR is it in my camera settings? Sending the pics to the computer too large?

okay, but i still don't get what you're doing. as far as i understood you (please correct me):

- transfer pictures from your digicam to your pc
- open those pictures in photoshop in order to resize them
- transfer the resized pictures to an ftp server using smartftp

correct? what i don't get is what you mean by "I open the ftp local browser and PREVIEW" or "when it then opens in ftp". smartftp itself is not capable of displaying / previewing images. please post a step-by-step list what you're doing within smartftp so i can exactly reproduce it.

ps: one more thing, what program have you entered in the general settings as "text file viewer" and what setting under "navigation" -> "double click action".

THANKS for your knowledge. I'll stop here as we have located a problem somewhere in the settings of Photoshop 6. Somthing has changed so after the pics are sized they are cloudy/blurry. Doing exact transfers on backup laptop shows there's nothing wrong with ftping. I'm an Ebayer!