Why does SmartFTP hate me?

I am having a fun time trying to figure out why SmartFTP hates me so much. I am trying to update the files in my /html directory. I first just copied the new files into the directory overwriting them. That didn't work. It showed the dates modified as being correct but when I visit my site the old files are being used. Next I just deleted the files so there was nothing in the /html directory. You would think with no files in the /html directory that the website would not even work. That is not the case. Somehow SmartFTP has backup copies of those files that it still loads. Even if I delete all of the files in the /html directory and copy the new ones over, it still uses the old ones. Does anyone know what is going on here? Is it cacheing the files? What?

Maybe it is your browser who is keeping old copies of the pages, thus not showing you the new ones...

Try refreshing the page by using CTRL+F5. Alternatively, clear the browser's cache (I highly recommend Crap Cleaner www.ccleaner.com for that crap) and try again.

Hope that solves it