OT: FTP Server Clients

I realize this is not a question in regards to SmartFTP...however it does have to do with transfering files, and I prefaced my post with OT, so I hope this is OK.

Do any of you have any recommendations of your favourite FTP server software that has the most options and stability etc?

I used to use G6 FTP Server, but that's getting a bit old IMO.

Anyone use Blackmoon?

Thanks!

blackmoon doesn't support ip access restrictions in its free version and is quite resource hungry. i used to run guildftpd but recently switched over to filezilla server mainly because it natively runs as a service, is open-source, has more features (e.g. MODEZ) and is more stable.

BTW: there are either "FTP servers" (like g6) or "FTP clients" (like smartftp), but no "FTP server clients" ;-)

I realize this post is quite old, but I just wanted to add my $.02 here...

I have used most FTP servers under the sun and NONE can compare to Blackmoon FTP with the usability, features, and support. This server does more for $40 than WS_FTP does for hundreds. If the $40 is a bit steep the free version is still the best free FTP server available. This server works on many of our clients (and in-house) server environments and can authenticate against an Active Directory and since it's user file is a database file (MS Access by default) it is also compatible with SQL among others.

In any case, I HIGHLY recommend this server...it's the best I've ever seen or used.

Chip