"Authentication failed, sorry" Problem

I havent been able to login into my FTP account for the last three days. When ever I want to login, in the log, it says "Authentication failed, sorry" Me and my host doesnt remember my password and it's hidden so I cant try another FTP program. Does anyone know what I should do?

you can unhide your passwords within smartftp by unchecking "tools -> setting- > display -> hide passwords".

thanks. i did that and i used another ftp program. i'm still getting the "530 Authentication failed" thing in my log. do you know how to fix that?

either your username or password must be wrong or, in case they worked before, your account on the server might have been deleted. or maybe the server now requires you to log in via secure ftp or whatever ... in any case, this most certainly is not a bug in smartftp, so this is the wrong forum. i think it would be best to contact your server admin and ask him to set a new password for you (he will be able to do that although he cannot tell you your current password).

oh okay thanks. the login and password is correct. i'll ask my host about making me a new password. thanks.