No connection could be made because the target machine activ

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. WHY AM I GETTING THIS MESSEGE ALL OF THE SUDDEN THE PROGRAM WAS WORKING FINE UNTIL NOW YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT ARUBINOFF1@YAHOO.COM PLEASE I NEED HELP ASAP

ihave this probelm too can anyone help

That message is from a server issue for example ftp is down or also it can be a bad port.

Using the wrong port.

How does one go about finding a different port to use? Or finding out which port is the default ftp port for their OS?

In general, how does a technologically challenged individual fix this particular problem?

The most likely is port 21, but the owner of a ftp can choice any port.

trying to delete this post

The port isn't the problem. The ftp address isn't the problem. Username and password are correct.

Guess what the problem was? So silly of me! I forgot to turn off XP firewall! Duh!

For anyone else running Windows XP...start/control panel/performance and maintenance/administrative tools/services/application layer gateway. Stop the gateway (ie: xp's built in firewall) and all should be well in ftpland.

uni

hi, im having the same problem. and i tried to turn XP firewall off but it still didnt work. everyone ftp i try to login to it says the same thing...
"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

This is happening to me now too. I was using it this morning and suddenly it just started giving me this message.

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
Continue to login attempt 11...

:?: