CHMOD errors

This is driving me crazy! This used to work fine, but after some updates does not seem to work anymore. When I try to edit the CMMOD properties of a folder, it will say that it has been changed, however when I click out and browse back to that folder again, it will then have everted back to its prior CHMOD properties. I know this has worked fine in the past, I need to be able to write to folders on my remote server, so this is really irratating.

Any help, anyone.... please? :x :x :x

After you chmod a single or any one set/series of files or folders, right click on an area of the file window other than a file to activate a drop down menu. Select refresh right after your chmod change. do this before you move on to another area.

I too find it very annoying - often times if you don't do what I suggest, you have to sit and wait for a NOOP command and then check the properties.

Trust me on this! I've done it a million times refresh after every single file or series of file/folder changes and it will be fine. Crappy it has to be this way , but so far it's th eonly thing I found that works.

PEACE

Thanks for the reply, I have tried what you suggested but it doesn't work for me, the permissions still revert back when I refresh. Any other ideas?

I have done some more experimentation, and it does not seem to like the number of the beast 666! when I try to change it to this it will always revert back to say 667. Like I said I have been able to change it to 666 in the past, but recently it does not seem to like it. Other permissions seem to work fine. I am pretty new to all this stuff, so is it me, or is it my hosting that is the problem here?