Haven't Updated for 92 days, except I updated 2 days ago.

Alright about 4 days ago I started getting the update dialog. But I had the latest version of smartftp (1.0.981) So I clicked ok, went to the update check, it said my installed version was 1.0.981 and the current version is 1.0.981. So This went on for a day, then I updated. Now today I've started getting the update dialog again. But I just updated 2 days ago! Anyone know what's going on?

Updated to the release build, still same problem. After I updated it stopped for that day, but today it does it agian.

same thing with me I did the update and I have having this message come up this is really annoying because then it takes me to the website.. Is there a fix for this ???

Please install the latest developer build:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Please follow the instructions I gave in my first post.

You can also uninstall your current build and install the official build
available from our web site.

Regards,
SmartFTP.com

alright I did it again I backed up everything and then I unistalled the program ! Then reinstalled it and it worked fine so far !!

Same happening to me. Would be better if SmartFTP checked in the background if there really *is* an update avaible, before buggering the user.

Else, SmartFTP is a great piece of software

This is also happening to me. I have used Smart FTP for six years and the last two years have been the worst. Every time I have to update, Smart FTP has bugs and doesn't function properly. I shouldn't have to play games every update. If I wanted to become a developer I would venture there, NOT for me.
I don't need and update and I sure DON'T need the POP-UPS. They should leave that up to the user as do other software/programs.

I am very displeased with Smart FTP at this point and have started using other FTP programs as well but still prefer Smart FTP.
Yes, we use to receive great quick relpies from the form. I guess others feel the same way and moving on as well.

I have tried what the Developer suggested in the above post and neither worked for me.

So you tell me what to do.

Thanks,
HostingBob

Here's the "problem," if you will: The latest version is over 90 days old. That's all there is to it, no reinstalls or rebuilds or anything will fix the problem. SmartFTP is obviously triggered to alert you if the software is older than 90 days because it's trying to be helpful and assume there's a new version available. But, if there is no version available, one gets the popup dialog box every time they launch SmartFTP. This will happen until a new version is released.

Maybe I'm the minority here, but what's the big deal? One little popup box (which is trying to be helpful) doesn't quite revolt me. Matter of fact, it doesn't peg much higher than "Slight Annoyance" on my Annoyance-O-Meter. ha.

Try to download from https://www.smartftp.com/Products/SmartFTP/
there is a new 981 build to skip the 92 days without a new final build.

SFTPFull.exe 16-Jun-2004 04:36 6.5M
SFTPMSI.exe 16-Jun-2004 04:36 3.1M
SFTPNSI.exe 16-Jun-2004 04:36 2.3M

It didn't work for me. It still complains about not being updated. :cry: