Server Time Out Error

I'm sorry to have to ask this question again but I have read through all the others about this same subject and none have been really answered.

Resolving host name lawman-trg.co.uk...
Connecting to (lawman-trg.co.uk) -> IP: 212.227.127.199 PORT: 21
Connected to (lawman-trg.co.uk) -> Time = 1031ms
Socket connected waiting for login sequence.
Connection timeout. No response from server.
Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

It's the same error that several have asked about.

OK, here is what has happened to me - I got home this morning to find my site had been hacked and the main page had been replaced with some baby hackers stupid "We Rool U" type thing.

I attempted to fix the site but no joy so I contacted my Webhost and all they could say was "Change the password" so I did - and hey presto - no more FTP access.

I changed the password in SmartFTP but no joy - I just keep getting the above error.

I have also tried to access my FTP site using Dreamweaver and IE6 but no luck. They just hang or give me a timed out error. My buddy AND my webhost can access my ftp but I can't.

I have tried ftp.exe and the open command but get the "Connection Closed By Host" error. And I have also tried the Telnet function with a similar result.

Prior to the Password change the FTP was working fine so I have asked the Webhost to re-set it. They have done this but I still cannot access the FTP.

I use Zonealarm Pro as my Firewall and I see that this is compatible with SmartFTP (and no errors b4 today) but I have also tried to access the ftp with the firewall off and had no success.

I am really stuck now and have no idea what to do to fix this issue. I guess that it is not a SmartFTP problem totally but I wonder if any of you Guru's out there have any knowledge of how to fix it.

Please help if you can.

Rich