Not able to see files in folder view

This may be a stupid question, but I'm not able to see files, e.g., images, webpages in folder view, so that I'm not able to upload them to my server.

Second problem is that I don't know how to save the server folder location so that it connects to the same location every time.

I just installed SmartFTP and am having the same problem not being able to view files in Local Folder view.

In addition, most of the time, nothing happens when I go to Commands, Upload, Direct, Select Files. Intermittently, though, a Windows Explorer-type window opens and a file can be selected for uploading.

Also, the windowing buttons (Tile horizontal or vertical or cascade) have no effect whatsoever.

Anyone have any clues?

Thanks, Dan

As the name says, folder view only shows folders, to see files you must enable a local browser (control+l)

Thanks for the info. I had thought that I was getting the local folder by clicking on the local folder bar icon but was instead getting a strictly folder view. I am curious what the purpose of the folder view is, since the local folder shows both folders and files, which seems much more useful. In any event, you clued me in to how to get the actual local folder (there is also an icon for it), and I was able to upload with that. Uploading through the Command menu is still generally unavailable, though. Any idea what's up with that?

Thanks,
Dan