Smartftp 4.0 backup to 5.0

Hi,

I have installed smartFTP 5.0.1349 on windows 8.1 and I only have my backup files that I exported in the 4.xxx version Backup tool. How can i restore favourites, layouts etc?

Thanks
jay

1. Extract the backup .zip file
2. Extract the Favorites.zip file
3. Copy the .xml files/folders into the %appdata%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Favorites folder.
Important: Do NOT import the .reg files inside the backup .zip

Thanks for that. In regards to making backups in the new version, is the method below correct or is there a more simple way,

How To back up SmartFTP settings

SmartFTP saves the application data and the UI settings in the common places: Application Data Includes the favorites, custom commands and the transfer queue.

They are stored in the user's applicataion data folder: %appdata%\SmartFTP E.g. C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming

UI settings In the Windows regstry: Open regedit.exe Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP Right-click on the key Select Export from the context menu The UI registry data might be machine specific and it is not recommended to move it from one machine to the other.

Hi,

Any chance at getting an answer to my question above. I have waited 3 weeks and these are the only questions I have asked in over 5 years of paid versions of Smart FTP. Just want to know the best way to back this up?

Thanks
Jay

Thanks for the update on this.

Kind Regards
Jay