licencing question

Hi,

Not sure what happened on my smartFTP, but on startup it told my trial was over in 0 days and that I needed to buy the licence now. I have bought a licence some time ago, in fact we are using smartFTP for years now and this never happened to me before.

Does smartFTP now not work at all anymroe if you don't renew the licence?

Please let me know asap!
Thanks,
Nik C

I had the same problem. I resent my licence details from the main website, then reinstalled the latest version and all seems to be working. It's a bit odd how it suddenly did that though...!

Hi,

I have the same problem. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.

On 11/21/2011 (about 2 months ago) I renewed my license for SmartFTP v4.0 - - Professional Maintenance Renewal 1 Year.

I use SmartFTP everyday since then without issue.

On startup today it told my trial was over in 0 days and that I needed to buy the licence now.

I downloadedSFTPLicenseKey.exe and after it executed it launched SmartFTP and displayed the same message the my trial was over in 0 days and that I needed to buy the licence now.

I then tried to manually loadSmartFTP Client License Key.xml and got an error msg that SmartFTP "could not load the file.:

I see that Steven Mason posted the he reinstalled the latest version of the software and it now works.

If I reinstall SmartFTP will I lose all of the connection configurations for my remote connections?

Please let me know what to do.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Update:
A few minutes after I wrote my post I did what Steven Mason did and it worked. I just downloaded and installed the lastest version of SmartFTP and it successfully launched after it installed. Very odd. Problem solved. Steven - Thanks for the tip!

Thanks,
Jerry

Please contact sales at smartftp.com

Do not upgrade to the latest version unless you are covered by maintenance or intend to renew the maintenance.

We apology for any inconvenience this has caused.