Unable to upload files?

We have a single user in our office who's got SmartFTP (v.4.0.1081.0), which we recently had to reinstall on his workstation.

After doing so, he's experiencing something which I don't understand.

He can log in to our site just fine, but when he tries to transfer files from local to remote, it doesn't work.

Here's a snip from the SmartFTP log:

NOOP

200 NOOP command successful.

NOOP

200 NOOP command successful.

TYPE A

200 Type set to A.

PASV

227 Entering Passive Mode (207,178,158,158,18,104).

Opening data connection to 207.178.158.158 Port: 4712

LIST -aL

125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.

395 bytes transferred. (12.4 KB/s) (31 ms)

226 Transfer complete.

TYPE I

200 Type set to I.

SIZE sh280-basic.jpg

550 sh280-basic.jpg: The system cannot find the file specified. 

MDTM sh280-basic.jpg

550 sh280-basic.jpg: The system cannot find the file specified. 

CWD /Lessonsite/ArchivePages/7th_grade_PE_Health_EPortfolio/sh280-basic.jpg

550 /Lessonsite/ArchivePages/7th_grade_PE_Health_EPortfolio/sh280-basic.jpg: The system cannot find the file specified.

This is weird, because he's also got F installed on his computer (which he doesn't like to use), which logs him in to his account with the same credentials, but does successfully transfer files, as shown here:

TYPE I

200 Type set to I.

PASV

227 Entering Passive Mode (207,178,158,158,18,98).

STOR sh280-basic.jpg

125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.

226 Transfer complete.

File transfer successful

Retrieving directory listing...

In SmartFTP, we've tried several methods; dragging the file from the local browser to the remote browser, selecting the local file and clicking the "upload" button, etc.
When we do this, it displays an animation which seems to indicate the local file being queued up or "sent", but why is it sending the SIZE command instead of STOR?

I've looked around at all the settings I can think of, but haven't been able to find anything that makes sense.

It used to work flawlessly for him before we had to reinstall.

Any ideas?

You are looking at the log of the remote browser. The transfer log is different and can be found in the transfer queue window.

Have you started the transfer queue (bottom window)?

If the file is stuck there, please double click it to get the log.

If there are no files left in the transfer queue I would assume that the transfers were successful.

If there are no files left in the transfer queue I would assume that the transfers were successful.

I appreciate the positive thoughts, but the challenge I'm facing is the fact that the file does not end up in the remote directory where we tried to put it.

Refreshed, logged out and back in again, checked. No transfer happened. File is not there.

Is there some detail about the nature of the transfer queue that I am missing; that it is getting invisibly queued up, not transferred, and then wiped out?

Is there any explanation for the fact that F appears to be sending the STOR command and reliably transfers the files to the remote directory (as one would expect), while SmartFTP apparently does not (at this time)?

Also, just to get the user off my back about this one point, can you also confirm whether or not uninstalling and reinstalling the client would make any difference (or help?)