Newbie with Permission Socket problem

I'm new to FTP, but this program worked fine for a few days, but now I keep getting this error "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions." I'm not even sure where to start to fix it. I looked in help, and searched here on the forum, but I don't know what it means.

Your software firewall / antivirus product is blocking SmartFTP from making a connection. Add SmartFTP to the exceptions in your software firewall / antivirus product.

Your software firewall / antivirus product is blocking SmartFTP from making a connection. Add SmartFTP to the exceptions in your software firewall / antivirus product.

Thanks. You're right. When I disable my Microsoft Security Essential antivirus, I am able to connect. I'm trying to find out how to add an exception in the antivirus program.

I wrote too soon. It has failed again. I had removed the "Anti Malaware" program and it worked for awhile, but now I'm getting the same error message. "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions." I'll keep trying to find the root of the problem.

I can't get this software to work at all unless I uninstall all antivirus. I wrote to premium supports, but they told me they can't help, and that I have to get support from MSE. I posed questions on the forms there but no help yet. I purchased the premium version specifically for help with this issue and even told them that before buying it. I'm in a complete bind now because the software is useless to me now.

The problem is still the same: Your software firewall / antivirus product is blocking SmartFTP from making a connection. Add SmartFTP to the exceptions in your software firewall / antivirus product. MSE is most likely not blocking SmartFTP since it's being used by thousands of users (including our developers) in combination with SmartFTP without any issue. I think the problem is with another application.