Can't change permissions

I can't change permissions on the "head-folder", which is the directory where you first put your files. That leads to the 550 permission problem and I'm not allowed to change or send new files into the "folder". I can change my permission on the other folders which are below the "head-folder", and also change or send new files into these folders.

This is what I see:
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6372/felk.jpg
And I can't change anything...

What should I do to get allowed to change the permissions on this "head-folder", and then be allowed to send into and change new files in it?

That's correct, you cannot change the permissions of the root directory using SmartFTP. But you shouldn't need to do that.

That's correct, you cannot change the permissions of the root directory using SmartFTP. But you shouldn't need to do that.

Ok. But can anyone tell me why I can't do anything in the root directory? And how I do to make it as it was before, when everything worked?

It is a limitation in SmartFTP. And again you shouldn't need to change the permissions and I think most servers won't allow you to do this. I would try to contact your web hosting provider for further assistance. They can change the permissions of the root folder if this is really required.