SmartFTP Simple Problem

I'm really new at this and I am just trying to start a forum. I tried to upload a new theme to an SMF forums and it said: Searching for existing files and folders to find possible conflicts. It has been doing this a long time, so I searched on Google and foind a similar post here so I made an acount in order to make a post. In the post I found, the person with th problem was asked for the logs, so here they are:
[10:34:08] SmartFTP v4.0.1131.0
[10:34:09] Resolving host name "(my website)"
[10:34:10] Connecting to (an ip adress) Port: 21
[10:34:10] Connected to (my website)
[10:34:10] 220 Microsoft FTP Service
[10:34:10] USER
[10:34:10] 501 'USER ': Invalid number of parameters
[10:34:10] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/51
[10:34:10] Client closed the connection.
[10:34:10] Connect failed. Waiting to retry (30s)...
[10:34:40] Connection attempt 2...
[10:34:40] Resolving host name "(my website)"
[10:34:40] Connecting to (ip adress) Port: 21
[10:34:41] Connected to (my website)
[10:34:41] 220 Microsoft FTP Service
[10:34:41] USER
[10:34:41] 501 'USER ': Invalid number of parameters
[10:34:41] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/51
[10:34:41] Client closed the connection.
[10:34:41] Connect failed. Waiting to retry (30s)...
[10:35:11] Connection attempt 3...
[10:35:11] Resolving host name "(my website"
[10:35:11] Connecting to (ip adress) Port: 21
[10:35:11] Connected to (my website).
[10:35:11] 220 Microsoft FTP Service
And it keeps saying the same thing all the way to attempt 31.
What do I do to upload the theme so that I can change my forums theme?
Please Help Me!
--EDIT--
Ok, so I put A username and password at the top where it asks for one(I'm not sure what username and pass I have to put).
I tried again and it gave me this:
[10:59:43] SmartFTP v4.0.1131.0
[10:59:43] Resolving host name "(my website)"
[10:59:43] Connecting to (IP Adress) Port: 43594
[10:59:45] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
[10:59:45] Client closed the connection.
[10:59:45] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/58
[10:59:45] Connect failed. Waiting to retry (30s)...
What do I do? And what account do I have to sign in with?

You need a username, password and host. Then go to the menu: File->New Remote Browser. Enter the username, password and host. Press OK to connect.

Ok, I'm new so I'm going to need a little more help. What username and password do I use? The one from my forums or
the one from these forums that im logged in-to now, or where do I go to make an account?
And the host is the website im onnecting to right(my website) and what port do i put? do i leave the default 21?
Ok, so i went to file>New Remote Browser
Protocol: Normal FTP
Host: www.(my website that im trying to upload to).com
Path:???I dont know what to put
Login Type: Username & Password
Username:Bunyip
Password:*****
OK, i did that and this is what the log says:
[18:29:19] SmartFTP v4.0.1131.0
[18:29:19] Resolving host name "(my website)"
[18:29:19] Connecting to (ip adress) Port: 21
[18:29:40] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
[18:29:40] Client closed the connection.
[18:29:40] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/58
[18:29:40] Connect failed. Waiting to retry (30s)...

You get the username/password and host from your web hosting provider. Please contact them for this information.

You get the username/password and host from your web hosting provider. Please contact them for this information.
Who is my web hosting provider? Or please give an example of one. I don't know what you are referring to. I am sorry, I am new at this, please dont think im stupid.

The web hosting provider is the company which manages the servers where your website is located at. e.g. godaddy, dreamhost, etc.

Uhh, I dont yet have my own domain name, it is .createaforum.com

I'm not sure why you are having a problem with uploading your theme. I uploaded several easily in Administration,(SMF)you just go into "Themes and Layout" under "Configurations".

Then under "Install a New Theme", and "From a file:", click the "Browse..." button, it opens up your hard drive, most downloads in Windows end up in the "Downloads", that's what I clicked on, and it showed all my downloads.

Then I selected the theme I wanted, and it appeared in the empty box in "Themes and Layout" (Admin) next to the Browse button. At that point I think the "Install" button appears, you just click that.

For any other upload or "mod" into SMF you do it in Admin too, in "Packages" under "Main", the same way. You'll need a "Home Page" (portal) to tie to your forum, I recommend Simple Portal from SMF, I loaded it and use it at my site, it was what I used in two sites I write for.

This FTP software is for uploading into the internet AFTER your site is online, unless I am mistaken. I was mistaken once in'67, I think, LOL...

On second though, that's how you load themes into a real SMF forum, I don't know what you are loading into at that "Virtual Reality" website. When you build a real SMF site, you have Administration privileges, you do all your building in there.